Bakker Crossing Junior Golf Academy
The Bakker Crossing Junior Golf Academy is for boys and girls who want to take their golf game the next step further. The only program of its kind in South Dakota, it is designed for players who want to improve their swing, lower their score and play tournament golf at the high school or college level. Students who put in the time and effort are virtually certain to see improvement in their game.
Academy participants play or practice at least three days per week, and participate in at least one tournament per week. It is very difficult to be heavily involved in other sports while the Academy is in session, so potential participants should plan to make golf their primary focus during that time. To ensure highly personalized attention, class size is limited to 14 junior players on a first come, first serve basis.
Clinic, Practice & Play Schedule
- Golf Clinics are in two-hour blocks and will focus on swing fundamentals, the short game, and putting. Most of this time will be spent on the driving range or the putting green.
- Practice Days are in two-hour blocks and will be devoted to developing good practice habits and consistency. Practice will be done on the driving range and the putting green.
- Play Days include playing 18 holes, with additional time spent on course management and strategy. We will also have a tournament schedule that all Academy students are expected to fulfill. This will involve signing up through the SDGA Junior Tour or the Sioux Empire Junior Challenge, and associated tournament fees are the golfer’s responsibility. (scholarship opportunities may be available)
Tuition and Sign-Up
Tuition – $700.00 + tax
GreatLIFE Members – $400.00 + tax
- Junior Membership to Bakker Crossing Golf Course (includes driving range)
- Four individual lessons (to be scheduled during off-practice times)
- Ten, two-hour golf clinics
- Ten, two-hour supervised practices
- Ten play days
- Complete tournament schedule
- All training aids, forms and materials
The academy is limited to 20 students on a first come, first serve basis. Enrollment is confirmed when tuition is paid. To enroll your child please click the link below and fill out the form. Please make checks payable to GreatLIFE @ Bakker Crossing, and mail it to:
Bakker Crossing Golf Course
Attn: Jr. Golf Academy
47172 Clubhouse Road
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
NOTE: Tuition does NOT include additional fees that may be associated with tournament activity.
Jason Crisp, Head Golf Professional
Head Golf Professional Jason Crisp, known as “Crispy”, joined the team at Bakker Crossing to open the 2010 golf season. Jason is a past graduate of the Golf Academy of the Carolinas, a branch campus of the Golf Academy of America. Jason’s hometown is Dell Rapids, SD where he grew up on the golf course. Jason has a well-rounded golf background and has experience at nearly every position at a golf facility. Jason remains committed to evolving his golf knowledge and is currently enrolled in the PGA of America’s PGM Program. Crispy has an energetic and exciting approach to the game and industry of golf.
Born: Glendale, AZ
Family: Wife – Katy, Son – Jackson, Twin Daughters – Emma & Laila
High School: Dell Rapids High School
College: San Diego Golf Academy
Lowest 18 hole score: (65) – Rocky Run Golf Course, Dell Rapids, SD
Lowest 18 hole score at Bakker Crossing Golf Course: (67)